Saturday, September 19, 2009

street fest and mermaid play

Blogger is so exciting when it comes to organizing photos in a blog post. They seem to be loaded in the opposite order to what you select them. Decide to have six and the sixth one is at the beginning.
------
The little one and I went to see a children's musical, The Mermaid Princess, today and found that the main street was closed to traffic for a clean air festival. I also found that, although mostly cheerful, the little guy was unwilling to smile in any photos.

Downtown Sokcho has these fountains on the sidewalk and they always turn off a few minutes after we get to them. Still, we enjoyed them while we could.
Here is my son with a mascot for something.
There are lots of new statues and this one is to the glory of fisher-people. Perhaps this is a good photo to precede mermaid photos.
Here is the cast. The octopus/woman was hot but I wasn't sure if the 'princess' was a guy or not.
We found a coffee shop that served fresh fruit juice and we stopped in as we were early for the play. The owner's husband is a wood carver.

Festivals Coming up: The Korea Festival next week at Expo Park. The ultramarathon, which I blogged about earlier, is called the Yangyang Song-i Ultramarathon so I think the Song-i mushroom festival is coming up soon. If you love mushrooms, come to the festival. If not, it's no big deal.

2 comments:

not-so-quiet mom said...

Have you heard when the YangYang salmon festival is this year? Matthew's thinking of actually doing it this year.

kwandongbrian said...

I don't know but I will find out - for myself as well at Matthew.